How can occupational therapy help me?
If you have been injured on the job or live with a disability, occupational therapy can help. My team and I can show you ways to modify daily activities based off your current condition. We can even help you to manage your pain.
How does occupational therapy work?
Occupational therapy can be different for everyone. Depending on your work injury or health condition, our awesome physical therapy team can create a customized plan for you. We know that each person is different and we value using a holistic approach to help you tackle all your wellness goals.
When can I expect to start seeing results from this service?
When it comes to occupational therapy, our team can help teach you ways to manage your condition as soon as your sessions start. As far as feeling results, it can take anywhere from days to weeks or more.
Schedule an Occupational Physical Therapy Consultation Today! 1-718-258-3300
Occupational Therapy Brooklyn
Our occupational therapists work with people of all ages and at any stage in life. Occupational therapy itself primarily focuses on helping you with daily activities. If you have recently had an accident, injury, or are suffering from an illness, there are many ways that an occupational therapist or OT can help.
An occupational therapist treats the body as a whole when you are suffering from an illness or injury. The primary difference between occupational therapy vs physical therapy is that not only do occupational therapists assist you with relearning or modifying daily activities, but they can also help you with cognitive disabilities, motor development, along with emotions and behavior.
- They can educate you on how to avoid injuries
- They can help you to relearn daily activities
- Educate you on your individual healing process
- Teach you how to tweak/modify daily activities
Where to Find an Occupational Therapist Near Me
Due to the nature of the job, you can find an occupational therapist almost anywhere helping patients take their lives back through physical therapy exercises and other services. Below are a few of the places you may find an occupational therapist.
- Physical Therapy Centers (Like here at Evolve)
- Private Practices
- Work Places
When might you need an occupational therapist?
There are many situations and conditions that you may need an occupational therapist for to help you with your individual recovery. Below are some examples of conditions that my team and I can help with.
- Post-Surgery: After surgery, you may find yourself having a difficult time regaining the mobility that you once had.Occupational therapy exercises can help.
- Hand Injuries: Our hands are one of the most used parts of the body for many daily activities. By utilizing our occupational hand therapy services, you can learn how to complete daily activities or modify them depending on your specific injury.
- After an Accident: An accident that results in injury can seem like a huge set back. My team and I can develop a therapy plan to help you accomplish all your goals.
- Developmental Delays: An occupational therapist can also help if you or someone you know are experiencing developmental delays.
- Work Related Injuries: On the job injuries can be very frustrating and often leave you out of work until you fully recover. Our occupational therapy team can help you to regain mobility and have a faster recovery time.
- Improved Surgical Outcomes
- Stroke Recovery: Depending on what area of your brain is affected during your stroke, you may need to relearn specific daily activities. By taking part in occupational therapy exercises and services, you can regain strength and start to make progress towards your recovery.
- Permanent Disabilities: If you have had an accident or injury that has resulted in a permanent disability, occupational therapy can help you discover how to modify your movements to accomplish daily activity goals.
- And more!
Occupational Therapy Services to Help You get Your Life back
If you are suffering from an accident or injury that has prevented you from getting back to your day to day life then our innovative occupational therapy exercises and programs can help you take that first step today. My team and I are dedicated to helping you crush all your health and wellness goals. Give us a call today to set up your first consultation free of charge.
Occupational physical therapy services for…
Ready to take the next step to a healthier you?
OCCUPATIONAL PHYSICAL THERAPY at EVOLVE NY!
Find relief and learn how to enhance your every day performance at Evolve’s location.
Call now to schedule your first consultation free of charge.