How will soft tissue therapy help my condition?
Soft tissue therapy is used to treat any injuries or pain that is occurring in or around your soft tissues. My team and I can help you through a variety of soft tissue physical therapy methods and exercises to treat your injuries and reduce any muscle stiffness.
How does this service work?
This physical therapy service can help you through many different techniques including myofascial release, soft tissue release, trigger point therapy, and more. By using a combination of techniques depending on your specific injury you can begin to heal.
When will I begin to feel or see results?
You might start to see results in as little as a few sessions, or even longer. It all depends on your injury or condition.
Schedule a Physical Therapy Consultation for soft tissue Today! 1-718-258-3300
What is soft tissue therapy?
The primary goals of soft tissue therapy are to relieve pain and inflammation, prevent further injury, and to improve your mobility and range of motion. Physical therapy for your soft tissues is a type of manual therapy that can help in the following ways: Relax tense muscles, reduce scar tissue, and it can lengthen and stretch your fascia.
Soft tissue therapy is for ligaments, muscles, tendons, fascia, skin, and nerves. This kind of therapy helps you to relieve any pain you may be experiencing in your soft tissues. Regardless of if it is due to an injury or something else, my team and I have got you covered.
What can soft tissue therapy help you with?
There are many different injuries and more that our soft tissue therapy services can help with. These would include sporting and other injuries, chronic and acute tension, to improve flexibility, and to treat areas of pain.
- Back Pain: Back pain can be caused by any number of things including accident and injury.
- Sprains: Sprains occur when one of your ligaments is stretched or torn and can be very painful.
- Difficulty opening your mouth to eat or talk
- Neck Pain: Do you work an office job? Manual therapy techniques that are used with soft tissue therapy can help reduce stiffness and pain.
- Running Injuries: Are you an avid runner? Soft tissue therapy can help you with your injury.
- Tendonitis: This happens when the tissue that connects your muscles to your bones is inflamed.
- Fibromyalgia: If you have fibromyalgia you will experience pain and tenderness throughout your body. Soft tissue therapy can help with pain management.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: The symptoms of carpal tunnel are numbness, weakness, tingling, and pain in the hands. By utilizing our soft tissue therapy services you can start to find relief from your pain.
- Lock Jaw
Many injuries that involve your soft tissue can result in:
- Muscle Weakness
- Misalignment of Your Skeletal System
- Restricted Range of Motion
What techniques are used with soft tissue therapy?
Below are a few methods of treatment my team and I utilize in soft tissue therapy:
Stretching: This helps to relieve tight muscles and improve your flexibility and mobility in your soft tissue.
Myofascial Release: Through the use of myofascial release you can begin to release tension and tightness of your trigger points. This is used over a broad area of muscles because sometimes a specific trigger point can be hard to find.
Trigger Point Therapy: This is typically used to treat pain related conditions. It can be helpful for many conditions including back pain, sciatica, and sports injuries.
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization Physical Therapy: In some soft tissue therapy sessions we can use an instrument to assist with breaking up adhesions and relieving pain in the surrounding areas.
Deep Tissue Massage: A soft tissue massage can be a useful physical therapy technique because it can reduce your pain as well as potentially speed up recovery times.
Reduce Pain and Regain Mobility with Soft Tissue Therapy
If you have an injury and need to recover quickly and efficiently, then soft tissue therapy may be a great fit for you. At Evolve, my team and I can help you jump start your journey to healing. Call us today to set up a consultation.
Soft tissue mobilization physical therapy can improve the following:
Ready to take the next step to a healthier you?
SOFT TISSUE PHYSICAL THERAPY at EVOLVE NY!
Find relief and learn how to enhance your every day performance at Evolve’s location.
Call now to schedule your first consultation free of charge.